Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD) is growing – and that growth has resulted in the need to expand our management team.
We are looking for a highly motivated and passionate person to join our team as Vice President of Customer Operations. The Vice President will be responsible for strategy, planning, and execution of all the company's customer-facing operations, including system deployments, pilot program management, on-going customer support, delivery of managed services, and other customer-related activities. This role is central to the success of our customers and by extension critical to the growth and success of the company.
The Vice President of Customer Operations is responsible for overseeing our nationwide network of deployment partners and leading our team of Customer Success Managers (CSM’s) and Customer Support Representatives (CSR’s) who ensure our customers derive the maximum benefits from our products, and in general manage our post-sale customer relationships.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® has been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Wendy's, Dunkin’ Donuts, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, and many more.
The successful candidate will serve as a core member of the management team intimately involved in corporate planning and strategy – and have the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology and a blue-chip customer base.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
We offer a strong work/life balance along with excellent medical benefits, 401K plan, and more. Benefits start on your first day!
Please forward your resume with VP of Customer Operations in the subject line along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working with the team to recruit new deployment partners, negotiate pricing, enhance the training and certification process, and further develop processes to best manage deployment partner relationships. This role is key to ensuring consistently high-quality installations – and to increasing company margins
- Overseeing system deployments, including driving the overall implementation process and schedule; coordinating with the team and our deployment partners; overseeing necessary documentation; coordinating with customers, including IT as needed; and working to resolve open issues
- Ensuring system provisioning and onboarding is performed effectively, including customer training
- Managing the CSM’s to produce successful outcomes for pilots that lead to rollouts. The role includes but is not limited to: gathering information and setting expectations during pilot meetings, analyzing data generated by the system, producing ROI analysis, managing & enhancing customer communications, resolving issues with PhD and customer equipment, recommending actions to improve efficiency, and collaborating with Sales to deliver a pilot that meets the customers and PhD’s expectations
- Conducting follow-up meetings with customers as appropriate to address open questions or issues
- Coordinating with the CSMs and the Sales organization to ensure customer pilots turn into product rollouts
- Playing the role of CSM with some customers as appropriate
- Recruiting new CSMs and other members of the service team as required
- Ensuring that, as the company grows, operations and services capabilities meet or exceed industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and responsiveness
- Developing and managing the “managed services” program that delivers direct revenue and identifying additional service revenue opportunities
- Working closely with the CEO, the VP of Sales, and other members of the management team on the development of deployment and service plans, goals, and strategies and future services innovations
- Managing the overall Customer Operations budget with a focus on service costs, deployment costs, and margins
- A minimum of 8 years’ VP and/or Director level experience in SaaS software and/or hardware field operations and account management and/or customer service
- Aggressive, competitive self-starter with strong project management background
- Demonstrated experience leading implementations of enterprise software and/or hardware applications
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills – comfortable dealing with senior executives
- Energy-related experience not a requirement, but a plus
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment a double-plus
- Familiarity with retail/restaurant operations a plus
- Experience building a partner network highly desirable
- Passionate focus on customer satisfaction
- Desire to operate in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and fun environment
- Ability to travel (10-25%)
- Degree in engineering or business including advanced degree preferred