Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD) is growing – and that growth has resulted in the need to expand our team (in the Boston area).
We are looking for a creative and curious Product/UI Designer; either a product manager who has also had meaningful experience doing UI design – or a UI designer with some product management experience but looking for more. The successful candidate will play a key role in the design of the next generation of our product line. In other words, we are looking for a courageous digital product fanatic who has experience creating crazy great software user experiences, presenting the complex in an elegant way. We need someone who will interact with customers – as well the engineering team, sales team, and senior management – and play a lead role in both developing detailed (non-technical) product specifications and designing the user interface.
This position is for an on-site employee. We are not looking for a consultant, freelance designer or a design firm on or off-shore.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help food service and retail organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, avoid food waste, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® has been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Wendy's, Dunkin’ Donuts, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, and many more.
In this role you will have the opportunity to direct the development and visual evolution of our product line – including both browser-based and mobile applications.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
Please forward your resume with Product/UI Designer in the subject line along with salary requirements to: email@example.com
No phone calls or third parties please.
Powerhouse Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Collaborate with all customer-facing PhD departments, including Sales, Marketing, and Customer Operations, to better understand the needs of customers and prospects
- Coordinate customer research, including in-app survey, new feature testing, direct interaction, and more
- Develop non-technical product specifications as required
- Create and document feature and page designs using wireframe or layout tools and communicate intended design to development team; including managing some communications using PHD internal ticketing system
- Expand and enforce the style guides for web and mobile interfaces
- Create and update product documentation as needed
- Participate in the development of product roadmaps
- Provide ongoing UI leadership by finding and reporting on relevant new UI best practices
- College degree in a computer science, design, or related field
- 2-8 years of experience in some combination of user interface design, user experience design, mobile app development, product design, and product management, ideally for B2B SaaS products
- Ability to clearly communicate with software engineers (local and remote)
- Comfort and skill when interacting with customers, including empathy for customer pain and “walking in their shoes”
- Work experience in an agile software development environment
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS and tools such as Zeplin, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and/or other visual design and wireframing tools. Familiarity with Angular 8 a plus
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop domain expertise in new areas
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Ability to work well in a team environment – comfortable with direct feedback
- Prior experience with user journey mapping and persona development
- Formal training in graphic and visual design or related field a plus
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable language a plus
Links to samples of your design work would be greatly appreciated