Clean tech, IoT-based Big Data opportunity!
Do you love a challenge? Do you want to become part of a dynamic, growing organization that is addressing important issues?
Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a rapidly growing Boston-area based company delivering an IoT-based Big Data approach to drive energy efficiency, is looking for a results-oriented software professional to play a key role in the development of our next generation products. You will be an integral part of the team taking this state-of-the art application to the next level, working in an agile environment and collaborating with highly skilled people who are passionate about our technology and mission.
PhD has created a revolutionary, award-winning product that reduces energy usage and equipment maintenance costs for portfolios of small commercial facilities, while also enhancing food safety and reducing food waste for food service organizations. We are experiencing great momentum and the product has been adopted by a large number of major brands in the restaurant, convenience store, and retail industries.
We offer a strong work/life balance along with excellent medical benefits, 401K plan, and more. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Design, develop, document, and debug new SaaS functionality, including complete subsystems from front to back, working closely with the product management and QA teams
- Participate in software design and agile scrum meetings and analyze needs to determine technical design
- Develop analytics that run efficiently on large amounts of data
- Support, maintain, and enhance existing features
- Troubleshoot functional and performance issues, analyze code to find causes of errors, and revise programs as needed
Think you’re a great fit? Bring your talent and skills and come work with us on the cutting edge of technology to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and achieve more sustainable operations! No relocation reimbursement is presently available. Powerhouse Dynamics does not currently sponsor employment visas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as part of a team developing a Web based application
- Experienced with SQL databases – MYSQL preferred.
- Experience with both client and server programming technologies
- Familiarity with REST based APIs
- Familiarity with Linux and scripting languages (e.g. PERL, BASH)
- Strong debugging skills
- Experience with “Big Data” and NOSQL solutions a plus
- Advanced statistics and analytics ability a plus
- Comfortable working both independently and with teams
- Comfortable in a fast paced start-up environment