Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a Middleby company, is a growing and innovative firm operating at the intersection between food-tech and clean-tech and that growth has resulted in the need to expand our development capabilities and bring on board a high energy Senior Software Engineer.
This position is for an on-site employee, when it’s safe, or remote from any US location, who is authorized to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future. We are not looking for a consultant, freelancer or an engineering consulting firm on or off-shore. No relocation available.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help restaurants, retailers, and other multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® and Open Kitchen® have been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, and many more.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Architect and other members of the software development team to deliver the highest level of software quality and services in a high availability environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, a 401K and more! Benefits start on your first day of employment. We believe in a work/life balance!
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Are you looking for a work/life balance? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements with the subject “Senior Software Engineer” to: Jobs@powerhousedynamics.com
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Work with agile development team to ensure the delivery of highest quality software in rapid cycles
- Develop and document REST APIs for use by web, mobile and third-part applications
- Identify, trouble-shoot, and resolve technical or systems issues.
- Work with equipment partners to integrate and onboard new types of connected equipment. (IoT).
- Create algorithms and interfaces that leverage “big data” techniques to provide real time insight into connected equipment (IoT) performance
- 7+ years in Software Development experience with focus on WEB applications
- Thorough knowledge of SQL with ability to create advanced and optimized queries
- Experience with NOSQL database, e.g. AWS DynamoDB
- Experience working with, developing, and documenting REST APIs
- Comfortable with Linux and scripting languages
- PHP, NodeJS and Angular experience a plus
- Big Data/ Data Science experience a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent experience