Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Do you want a work/life balance and to work with a great team? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Architect and other members of the engineering team to deliver the highest level of services in a high availability environment.
Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a Middleby company, is a growing and innovative firm operating at the intersection between food-tech/safety and clean-tech.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help restaurant chains, retailer chains, and other multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® and Open Kitchen® have been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations!
This position is for an on-site employee, when it’s safe, who is authorized to work for any employer in the US without visa sponsorship. We are not looking for a consultant, consulting firm or a freelancer on or off-shore. No relocation available.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, a 401K and more! Benefits start on your first day of employment. We believe in a work/life balance!
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements with the subject “Lead Hardware/Firmware Engineer” to: Jobs@powerhousedynamics.com.
No phone calls or third parties please.
Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Design and implementation of all hardware and embedded software products for PhD. This includes IoT Gateways, Energy Monitoring Devices, Equipment Controllers, Wireless Sensors and the ConnectWare™ family of communications modules
- Coordinate and manage 3rd party hardware and firmware developers and contractors
- Plan and oversee EMI and Safety compliance testing for all products
- Design and coordinate test process and test fixture development to support volume manufacturing for all products.
- Hardware QA and qualification of all hardware products.
- Manage documentation and product life cycle using Arena PLM system
- Monitor quality and drive continuous improvement for all hardware products
- Troubleshoot/debug/analyze field and manufacturing failures
- 7+ years in Hardware and Embedded Software Development
- BSEE or equivalent degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Experience with embedded software development and tools.
- MicroChip PIC/ TI MSP430 experience a plus.