Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a Middleby company, is a growing and innovative firm operating at the intersection between food-tech and clean-tech – and that growth has resulted in the need to expand our DevOps capabilities and bring on board a high energy DevOps Engineer.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help restaurants, retailers, and other multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® and Open Kitchen® have been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, and many more.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Chief Architect and other members of the software development team to deliver the highest level of software quality and services in a high availability environment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, a 401K and more! Benefits start on your first day of employment. We believe in a work/life balance!
No relocation available.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements with the subject “DevOps Engineer” to: Jobs@powerhousedynamics.com
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Manage cloud infrastructure to ensure high availability, security, and performance
- Work with agile development team to ensure the delivery of highest quality software in rapid cycles
- Identify, trouble-shoot, and resolve technical or systems issues
- Optimize public cloud costs
- Implement and maintain the company’s relevant information security policies and support the annual PCI audit process
- 3+ years in DevOps or equivalent experience
- In-depth experience with public cloud services (AWS preferred)
- System administrator experience on Linux servers and strong command line skills
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (VPNs, routers and routing protocols, TCP/IP, IPv4 andv6, UDP, OSI layers, etc.)
- Experience reading and/or developing scripts in Bash, PHP, NodeJS, Python or similar languages
- Proficiency with Git, including branching and merging strategies
- Experience managing MySQL or equivalent databases
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Experience with supporting and managing PCI, GDPR, or similar cloud security policies a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to learn and apply new technologies
- Self-motivated and detail oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership