Boston area-based Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a leader in the field of energy and asset management, delivers customer-proven, cloud-based solutions that help multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, increase energy efficiency and achieve their sustainability goals. PhD's award-winning Internet of Things platform, SiteSage®, has been adopted by numerous major brands, including Arby's, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Shell, and many more.
We are looking for a highly motivated, unflappable, and passionate individual to join our team as a Customer Success Manager (CSM). CSMs help our customers by ensuring that SiteSage is successfully deployed at their locations and are getting the maximum value from the system and driving management improvements and cost savings. The successful candidate will bring their interest in operational improvement and energy management to their work with customers, partners, installers, and the internal PhD team as they introduce customers to IoT-enabled operations, help them expand the scope and breadth of their use of functionality, and broaden the number of installed locations.
We offer a strong work/life balance along with excellent medical benefits, 401K plan, and more.
We realize you won’t be an expert in all the below - we are looking for great people with a strong foundation who are motivated to learn and grow in these areas and more. This is a great opportunity for a candidate to contribute immediately and make a difference.
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Working with all levels, from line staff to CEO, within a customer organization to drive success, communicating our value proposition to each level by collaborating with customers by understanding and documenting their needs, and implementing SiteSage functionality to address those needs
- Managing the system installation process, including scheduling and provisioning of hardware and software, contractor management, system configuration, and confirmation and alert and report settings
- Providing training and technical support for customers
- Ensuring customers effectively use the platform, including but not limited to analysis of data and identification of recommended actions to meet their goals
- Providing Managed Services to customers, included but not limited to managing alerts and reports, handling issue calls from customers, identifying underperforming equipment units and savings opportunities, and best practices coaching
- Conducting customer meetings, using listening, questioning and discovery skills to address open questions and issues and uncovering additional opportunities and benefits for customers
- Acting as a conduit for customer and partner feedback and suggestions, and working with PhD’s Product and Engineering team to recommend hardware and software enhancements
- Partnering with sales to help expand product penetration at the customer, including but not limited to analysis of data and development of a business case for rollout
- Managing the utility rebate application process
- Demonstrating a positive attitude and enthusiasm
- Performing additional duties as called upon to assist our customer and the PhD team
- B.A. or B.S., with 2+ years of experience in an energy- and/or operations-related field
- Direct experience in project management, account management, customer success, and/or customer service
- Understanding of project management processes and/or relevant project management experience, plus demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven customer service and account management experience with the ability to rapidly establish trust with customers
- Ability to continually and effectively manage multiple concurrent customers and priorities, while learning, thinking quickly, and self-starting as needed
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent, demonstrated written and verbal skills
- Proficiency with Office applications and SaaS platforms such as Salesforce.com
- Willingness to travel (20%)
- Willingness to support night and weekend work, when needed
- HVAC equipment knowledge
- Knowledge of field installation processes and contractors
- Understanding of Software as a Service
- Experience with food safety and HACCP
- Familiarity with retail/restaurant operations