Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), conveniently located in Newton, MA, is a rapidly growing technology, firm. PhD delivers a state-of-the-art, IoT-based solution that help multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, increase energy efficiency and support their sustainability goals. Powerhouse Dynamics’ award-winning solutions have been adopted by numerous major brands, including Arby’s, Wendy’s, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Dunkin’ Brands, RaceTrac Petroleum, and many more.
We are looking for a hands on accounting professional to manage and perform all aspects of our accounting and financial reporting functions.
Powerhouse Dynamics offers a competitive employee benefits package including health, dental and 401k. Compensation package will be commensurate with experience.
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Establish as needed and maintain appropriate financial processes and controls necessary to successfully support the business
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL and Revenue Recognition
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes and prepare timely monthly financial statements
- Manage the collections process
- Work with CEO on budgeting and financial forecasts
- Manage relationships with outside auditors and tax consultants
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- As we grow, hire and manage additional accounting personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or a Bachelor’s in business with an accounting major
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience demonstrating the ability to assume more and more responsibility, most recently as controller, assistant controller, or accounting manager
- Small company experience strongly preferred
- A well-organized individual who can manage details while maintaining the big picture perspective, and is comfortable performing all accounting functions
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related matters
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Proficient with Excel and accounting software (Quick Books preferred)
- Experience at a software/technology company strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience a plus