Powerhouse Dynamics (PhD), a Middleby company, is a growing and innovative firm operating at the intersection between food-tech and clean-tech.
PhD delivers customer-proven, IoT-based solutions that help restaurants, retailers, and other multi-site organizations better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. SiteSage® and Open Kitchen® have been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Dunkin’ Donuts, Buffalo Wild Wings, Texas Roadhouse, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, and many more.
We are looking for a hands-on accounting professional to manage and perform all aspects of our accounting and financial reporting functions.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, a 401K and more! Benefits start on your first day of employment. We believe in a work/life balance!
No relocation available.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
To apply, please email your resume and salary requirements with the subject “Controller” to: Jobs@powerhousedynamics.com
No phone calls or third parties please. Powerhouse Dynamics is an equal opportunity employer.
- Establish as needed and maintain appropriate financial processes and controls necessary to successfully support the business
- Manage all accounting operations including A/R, A/P, GL and Revenue Recognition
- Perform month-end and year-end close processes and prepare timely monthly financial statements
- Provide all aspects of required reporting to parent company, which is a public corporation
- Manage the collections process
- Work with President on budgeting and financial forecasts
- Manage relationships with outside auditors and tax consultants
- Manage and comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- As we grow, hire and manage additional accounting personnel
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred or a Bachelor’s in business with an accounting major
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience demonstrating the ability to assume more and more responsibility, most recently as controller, assistant controller, or accounting manager
- Small company experience strongly preferred
- Experience at a software/technology company strongly preferred
- A well-organized individual who can manage details while maintaining the big picture perspective, and is comfortable performing all accounting functions
- Self-starter comfortable working within an entrepreneurial environment and assuming a strong sense of ownership over all accounting-related matters
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Proficient with Excel and accounting software (Quick Books preferred)