We are looking for highly motivated and passionate people who are ready to join our team working to develop and deliver innovative solutions that deliver the future of energy and asset management, today. The Manager of Channel Sales will lead our Partner and Channel Program and grow Powerhouse Dynamics’ partner network and sales through partner recruitment, onboarding, training, engagement and enablement. Partner sales are a critical part of the Company’s go-to-market strategy. You will work closely with the VP of Business Development and other members of the team to deliver significant growth.
We are based just outside Boston and deliver customer-proven, cloud-based solutions that help chain restaurants, convenience stores and retailers better manage their equipment, lower costs, reduce energy consumption, enhance food safety and quality, and achieve their sustainability goals. PhD's award-winning IoT-based platform, SiteSage®, has been adopted by numerous major brands at thousands of their locations, including Arby's, Wendy's, Pizza Hut, Ann Taylor, Five Below, Lush Cosmetics, Pet Supplies Plus, and many more. PhD is an independently operated subsidiary of The Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ: MIDD) a global leader in the foodservice equipment industry with over $2.7B in annualized revenue.
Do you want to be part of a dynamic, growing organization? Come work with us to help our customers achieve higher profitability, lower energy costs, and more sustainable operations!
This is a tremendous opportunity for a motivated individual to contribute immediately and have an opportunity to grow; to work with leading-edge technology; to obtain hands-on in-depth knowledge of energy efficiency; and to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing business.
The Manager of Channel Sales will be responsible for the partner network and all channel sales of company products and services. Main responsibilities include:
- Plan and execute channel sales strategy, policies, objectives and initiatives to achieve revenue, profit and growth targets
- Sets short- and long-term channel sales goals and evaluates effectiveness of current programs
- Spearhead the recruitment and development of new partners and channels
- Engage partner sales teams to identify opportunities for new business
- Work closely with partners through entire sales process including active participation in the promotion of PhD products and services, screening inquiries, joint customer presentations, proposal preparation and pricing, leveraging PhD’s direct field sales team where appropriate
- Help partners understand the full value proposition of PhD products and how that can help their businesses
- Train partners on PhD products, features and roadmap, and keep them up to date on the product and product results
- Develop, manage, and report on partner sales funnel and provide accurate and timely forecasts, leveraging Salesforce.com and other company tools
- Work with the Director of Marketing to build and execute on a channel marketing strategy
- Bring partner feedback back to the product management team to help ensue product meets partner needs
Desired Skills, Attributes and Experience
- 5+ years of relevant channel sales leadership
- Demonstrated expertise in building a channel network and driving channel sales
- Experience working with channel partners and complex channel relationships
- Strong technical background; energy experience a plus but not required
- Strong process orientation and ability to multitask
- Passionate, strategic thinker – relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Demonstrated self-starter with ability to manage time and resources effectively, meet deadlines, and execute on strategic objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate both internally and with partners and customers
- Ability to rapidly establish trust with partners
- Familiarity with web applications; understanding of Software as a Service a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus